Saturday, September 8, 2012

Free 85-90 MoP Leveling guide


Can anyone recommend a good FREE leveling guide for MoP? I used to use Jame's and other ones on WoWPro, but don't know of any that are ready to go for MoP launch.

I intend to get loremaster of MoP and would like to systematically do all the quests for each zone as I go. Your recommendations are appreciated.


#1 
Wow Pro's addon guides will be ready for launch.  The guides that used to be made that could be printed, they havent been to my knowledge.  The addon is the wave of the future :)  (Since I made the guides... I am pretty sure they will all be ready <Grin>(...unless Blizzard does more last minute changes. <sigh> every time I go thru a zone a quest or three has been added/changed or deleted.)

I suppose if you .like to have a printed guide, you could print the addon's source page for each zone, it has coordinates, Quest names and guest givers.  (But I think it would be painful to do it that way)


#2
I use the Quest Completist addon and it has been updated for 5.0.4.

I've played through the beta to get to 90 and the quest chains are fairly well laid out.  The chains I couldn't complete were bugged so I didn't get though all of them.  But just questing through the zones with the quests that were working got me 3 of the 6 zone achievements.  And I stopped during Dread Waste since I dinged 90 most of the way through that zone. 

My only advice would be to watch your zone mini-cheevos (i.e. in MoP you get zone credit for completing the major quest chains in the zone instead of completing some number of quests).  You probably don't need every mini-cheevo but you will need a whole bunch of them  to get to 90 via questing only.
   

#3
If you are interested in getting as many quests completed as possible I would suggest using the two addons Wholly and Grail.  Grail is the database of quests and efforts are being made to ensure it has all the breadcrumb quests, incompatibilities, etc. mapped out for release.  Wholly will warn you if you are about to take a quest that still has a breadcrumb available for it because Grail provides this information.  Also, Grail is very smart and knows things like you will only be able to get one version of "The Rider's Journey" which is a level 90 quest in Jade Forest.  Of course as you interact with the quest giver you will be able to change the dragon color you want, and Wholly will update its UI live as you change the dragon color to show you the quest you now have available.

I would suggest the use of the WoWPro addons for guiding through questing.  For the most part  you will get all the quests you need.  However, with Wholly also present you can be warned of missing breadcrumbs.  In fact, there are efforts to integrate some of Grail's functionality into WoWPro, but when that will be available is not known.

No comments:

Post a Comment